Little Nothings

Friday, May 30, 2014



Pregnant me cracks herself up. 

In the past 48 hours I have had 4 very significant lapses in judgment and coherence that caused me to spill large amounts of water everywhere. 


1. Josh hands me a cup full of water in the middle of the night to soothe my sore throat- not two seconds after he hands it to me while I'm lying flat in bed, I fall asleep, my hand holding the cup goes limp and the water seeps all over my chest, pillow, back, sheets and hair. I was so disoriented I kind of just started whimpering while Josh ran to get some towels.

2. The very next day I went out in the backyard to sit and lounge on one of the plush patio chairs and read my book. Not a problem, except I forgot that the day before the clouds had opened wide to pour several inches of rain water right into the plushiness of my chair... 
Proceeded to laugh out loud to no one, and go inside to change my pants.

3. Faulty water bottle = face, chest and shirt full of water

Pregnant me forgot the 4th, but I promise it was a doozie. 



Oh my, Friday. You are a beautiful sight. 


The air conditioning has been on the fritz in our home for (coming on) two weeks now and at the same time I am re-learning all about the wonders of humidity. This weekend I just want to be near a body of water as much as humanly possible. 

I think I could actually be a person that doesn't despise humidity, but I'd like to find out perhaps at a time when my body isn't already naturally swelling...




Humidity and all though, I'm so excited for summer. Apart from those couple of holiday months it is my FAVORITE time of year. I hope we take the time to go and explore some of the lakes and bike trails, spend lots of evenings outside, host at least one BBQ, check out the local and city farmers markets, and just enjoy this beautiful time. 

And I'm not gonna lie, I'm weirdly excited to check out the Minnesota State Fair.
Josh has been bragging to me that it's the biggest state fair in the U.S., but frankly I would just be going to check out all the crazy fair-food. I mean, that's everyone's favorite part anyway, right?

I thought so.


3 comments:

  1. You're adorable and hilarious and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my life is just hilarious. Love and miss you mucho Linds!!

      Delete
  2. Kenna-Benna - you have such a great attitude about life; from the misadventures with the water to the appreciation of the current season, you have a way of finding the best in everything. I love you my wonderful, witty and beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete