All About You

Friday, July 11, 2014


This bumpdate is for you, little girl.

We're almost 3/4 of the way through this little journey and we are 
just so happy that you're still growing and moving non-stop.

I never want to blame bad memory, or the fact that I'll have other kids and other pregnancies crowding my brain as a reason why I can't remember the details of our short and sweet time spent together like this. So here are some answers to questions you might ask me when you become a little one and some details that I want to remember....


Where Were You When You Found Out You Were Pregnant?: 
In the bathroom of our very first apartment. I took the test without telling your Dad first because we'd agreed to wait out the weekend before we found out... but I couldn't wait!

What Was Your First Thought When You Found Out?: 
It wasn't so much a thought as much as disbelief and amazement. And lots of happiness. 
People get kind of funny when something incredible happens, and our reaction was to laugh lots, hug lots, and stare at each other with really big eyes.

Did You Think You Were Pregnant Before You Knew?: 
Yes. I am not a napping person, and I had started to take 2 or 3 hour naps, no problem. 
And shed tears over Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches on Fast Sunday. 

What Were Some of The First Names You Thought of For Me?: 
Grace, Audrey and Sienna were some that we liked. Now we've got it narrowed down to two and are waiting to meet you before we choose!

When Do I Move Most?: 
When I'm lounging about or taking walking breaks in Target ;) I've heard that you and most other babies spend lots of time sleeping while mom's are up and moving. Which is very thoughtful seeing as walking around and such is becoming quite the chore lately..

Have You Ever Been Scared or Nervous While Pregnant?: 
There was a small period of time where we went what seemed like forever without getting to go see you on an ultrasound or listen to your heart beat. Plus you hadn't started moving very much yet around the time they say is 'average' to feel movement. But when we did get in to the doctor you looked perfect, your heart was strong, and you've been moving like nutso for a few good weeks now. 

Have I Done Anything Funny?: 
Well there was that one time that you were in a yoga pose in my belly for who knows how long. 
You seemed to be very comfortable with having your feet right in front of your face. Silly girl. 


What Do You/ I Crave?: 
You are a spicy food craver! Since being pregnant I've managed to boost up my tolerance of spicy food quiiiiite a bit. You also love big green salads, pineapple, and the occasional steak. I couldn't eat more than a 9 oz. before... but I think I can out-eat your Dad in the red meat department now ;) The craziest thing I have craved was a big juicy pickle and some raspberry lemonade, at the same time. 

Do You Get Sick a Lot?: 
I was very sick for the first 3-4 months, but then I think we started to mellow out a bit and not have to avoid the kitchen so much. (Your Dad did lots of cooking and dishes during those months.)

What's Your Favorite Thing About Being Pregnant?:
You are my most favorite thing. Other than the first few months this has been, I think, a relatively easy pregnancy and I have just had so much fun watching you get big and feeling you move and imagining your little personality. Especially when you move right under where my hand has been resting on my belly- those little high fives (or foot fives...) are pretty incredible. 
Sometimes I catch your Dad staring at my belly and smiling to himself- 
he's so excited to meet you, baby. 


Keep growing, little girl. 








1 comment:

  1. Let's be honest, Sienna is a pretty cute girls name. :) you will be so grateful you did this cause trust me once baby girl is here, you won't even remember what being pregnant felt like. So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete